Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Introducing my KODI addon for JustDubs
Hey there, I haven't used your addon (I don't watch dubs) but from looking at your code I have a couple of suggestions. I'm WilsonMagic btw, I am an active developer in the Kodi scene. I made Masterani Redux as well as Dramatic and I used to maintain an Exodus fork named Magicality.
Use requests instead of urllib or any other modules to do html requests. I can't explain why in a small way. But trust me, if you make more addons or make this addon a bit more complicated it will make your life easier.
(26.05.2019, 07:34)feedbackrephrase schrieb: Use requests instead of urllib or any other modules to do html requests. I can't explain why in a small way. But trust me, if you make more addons or make this addon a bit more complicated it will make your life easier.

Try to create modularity to your code, it makes things more efficient and easier to maintain as you always know where to look with a problem. For example having the player in a file called player.py.
Otherwise this is pretty good for a first timer. You don't want to know about my first addon. Oh it was so horrible I never really released it. It scraped a certain anime site that has just announced it's closure (and I don't mean AnimeHeaven btw, I'd rather not speak it's name, I'm ashamed.). More Information here https://phreesite.com/justdubs/
It's sad to say, but the very first english dub anime website I've come to know Justdubs.net has disbanded. The reason of course is obvious of why they shut down since they hosted copyrighted shows. Though gone there are tons more websites which host dub anime and of course the good sites don't stay down for good.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 2 Gast/Gäste